SUBJECT: SMART MONEY ACCREDITATION TRAINING COURSE FOR RURAL BANKERS TO
BE HELD IN CEBU ON APRIL 26, 2012
The Rural Bankers Research and Development Foundation, Inc. (RBRDFI), together with Microenterprise Access to Banking Services (MABS) Program and Smart Communications, Inc. is NOW READY TO ROLL-OUT SMART MONEY-IN MONEY-OUT (MIMO) SERVICES TO RURAL BANKS. Take advantage of the upcoming scheduled Smart Money Accreditation Training and be among the FIRST rural banks to offer Money-In Money-Out services to rural clients.
Date : April 26, 2012 Target Participant RBs: All RBs
Location: Diamond Suites and Residences, Cebu City
Smart Money is an electronic wallet that allows you to do money transfers, bills payment and airtime reloading using a Smart subscriber’s mobile phone. Once your bank is accredited, you will earn 1% per MIMO transaction and PhP 40.00 per Smart Money Card application. There are more than 8.5
million clients subscribed to Smart Money of which 2.5 million are actively using it. An average volume of around PhP 8 billion Smart Money transactions is also processed monthly.
Accredited rural banks will also be able to provide their clients with a Smart Money Instant Card, which doubles as both a debit Mastercard and an ATM card. This will enable your clients to withdraw from an over 9,000 BancNet and Megalink ATMs, load in over 4,000 Money In and Money Out
Centers, 15 Partner Banks nationwide and 95,000 partner agents worldwide. Clients will also now be able to make purchases or payments in more than 17,300 local merchants and business and more than 24.6 million MasterCard locations worldwide. For more information about Smart Money, you may visit
This training focuses on the following objectives:
1) Accreditation Training – Qualified rural banks interested in pursuing to become a Smart Money Center will be assisted by RBAP in the process of getting certification from the BSP as a bank authorized to offer Smart Money services. During the training, participants will be provided a
complete set of accreditation kit and will be guided in the process of Smart Money accreditation. Note that the banks will still need to get a “No Objection” letter from the Supervision and Examination Sector of the BSP after the training in order to complete the accreditation process. We will include a proforma letter to the BSP in the training kit for the banks to use to facilitate their accreditation.
2) Implementation Training – The course will provide a how-to step-by-step guide for banks that plan to initiate Smart Money-In Money-Out services.
3) Operations and Procedures Manual – The training will also equip the rural banks with the Smart Money Cash Loading and Encashment manuals and required bank procedures which have been reviewed and approved by the BSP. These procedures fulfill the BSP electronic banking requirements for the use of Smart Money platform to perform mobile phone banking services. Rural banks that wish to attend the training must meet only two (2)
• CAMELS rating of at least 3.0
• No major exceptions noted in the latest BSP examination
The training is designed for senior officers (from Marketing, Compliance/Audit Dept, and/or Operations) that are in the position to cascade this training and facilitate the implementation of recommended procedures within the bank. Each bank is allowed to send up to 3 participants. Please note that the training will be limited to the first 40 participants who register for the course. (Additional slots may be available and are subject to space availability on a first come, first serve basis.)
The training fee is P1,700.00 per participant inclusive of materials, food and venue. However, those who register and pay at least a day before the event will enjoy a discounted early bird fee at P1,300.00 per participant. Note that there is a minimum of twenty (20) participants in order to hold this event. Should we be unable to meet the minimum number of participants, you will be notified at least two days before that the course will be moved to a later date. Please deposit your payment to the RBRDFI Account No. 0012-1046-26 at Landbank, Intramuros, Manila Branch and fax a copy of the deposit slip along with your confirmation to RBAP at (02) 527-2980 or to MABS Office at (02) 400-4561 (Manila).
Attached are the training agenda for your advance information and the confirmation sheet for your reservation.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Roselle Hernandez of MABS-Manila Office at (02) 400-0971 or Grace Dimapilis at (02) 527-2968 to 69.
Thank you for your support and interest in this important training event.
MA. CORAZON L. MILLER
RBRDFI – CHAIRPERSON
Download the Training Agenda in PDF