FOR: ALL PARTICIPATING RURAL BANKS
FROM: RODOLFO P. YAP III, President
SUBJECT: CIRCULAR LETTER: BASIC RISK MANAGEMENT COURSE
Dear Fellow Rural Bankers:
The Chamber of Iloilo Rural Banks, Inc. (CIRBI) in coordination with the
Rural Bankers Research and Development Foundation Inc. (RBRDFI) is pleased
to offer a seminar described below:
Date: November 09 – 10, 2017 (Thursday and Friday)
Venue: SmallVille 21 Hotel Smallville Commercial Complex, Diversion Road
Mandurriao, Iloilo City
Time: 08:30am to 5:30pm
1. Early bird – P5, 000.00 (On or before October 23, 2017)
2. Regular Rate – P6, 000.00 (After October 23, 2017)
3. Non RBAP Member – P7, 000.00 Mode of Payment
Account Name – Chamber of Iloilo
Rural Banks, Inc. BPI –Solis Branch
Checking Account No.- 9243-0900-72
Proof of payment should be emailed to email@example.com
This is a live-out seminar. Seminar fee includes snacks, lunch, training
kit and certificate of attendance.
Acceptance of reservation is on first come first-served basis;
only fifty (50) participants will be accommodated.
MR. JORGE DIOGENES, CPA
￼￼￼President, Risk Management Committee –Director,
Branch Managers, Risk
￼Chief Compliance Officer, Head- I.T. Department
a. Understand Risk Management discipline, its history and specific
b. Appreciate the value of risk management tools for different types of
c. Explore the use of Risk Management Tools in an actual/scenario risk
d. Learn the recent significant key BSP regulations and how they applied
in rural banking.
e. Comprehend personal risk appetite and capacity.
1) General concept of Risk Management
￼￼ *Risk characteristics
￼ *Risk and Capital – (ICAAP)
￼2. Contextualizing Risk Management Scope
￼ • Nature of Rural Bank’s operation.
￼3. Risk Management Processes and Applications
*Enterprise Risk Management Framework from COSO and Risk Management
￼￼ Pillars of Basel Risk
4. Credit Risk Management
1. Credit risk framework
2. Basic components
3. Credit risk Tools and Processes of each component
* Facility Risk Rating
* Rating Migration
* Rating Validation
* Sample MIS reports on delinquency.
5. Operational Risk Management
6. Management of Operational Risk arising from Financial Inclusion
7. Implementation of Operational Risk Management Framework – RB
8. Application : Case Analysis and video presentations.
For additional inquiries please contact:
Ms. Emily Lampino
Contact Numbers: (033) 508-5183; 09989801239
Email Add: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.