July 17, 2006
TO : ALL RURAL BANKS / COOP BANKS
FROM : GEN. WILLIAM K. HOTCHKISS, III (Ret.), PRESIDENT ad interim
SUBJECT : “TULONG BARYA PARA SA ESKWELA” (BSP COIN RE-CIRCULATION PROGRAM)
On July 3, 2006, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) launched the “Tulong Barya Para Sa Eskwela” Program, a campaign designed to 1) inculcate in the youth the virtue of saving and (2) stimulate the re-circulation of coins in the commercial system. The Rural Bankers Association of the Philippines (RBAP) is one of key partners tapped by the BSP to undertake this endeavor together with its counterparts in the Philippine banking system as well as other related business sectors.
The mechanics of the program is as follows:
1. Each rural bank shall initiate a coin collection program using the enclosed advertising (point-of sale) materials provided by the BSP, namely:
a) Stickers – each rural bank is to devise an appropriate container that it will place on top of its counter(s) in the Head Office and branches. The stickers can be used to identify/ mark these containers; and
b) Posters – each rural bank shall post a poster in a conspicuous place within its premises such as in the front doors of the Head Office / branch(es) to make its depositors, the community and the general public aware of the campaign.
2. Each rural bank shall coordinate with the local elementary or high school in their locality to involve the students and teachers in the campaign.
3. Each rural bank shall account for the contributions each single day, lodging the same in an account in the bank named after the campaign. For example – Account No.xxxxxx – FAO “Tulong Barya Para Sa Eskwela” Campaign.
4. At the end of the campaign period, each rural bank shall remit to RBAP the total contributions it received via a check which will, in turn, be deposited by RBAP in a master account with one of its banks. All contributions remitted by individual rural banks shall be duly receipted by RBAP.
5. The total contributions remitted by all member-banks will then be turned over to the Department of Education and Culture (DECS) in whole at an appropriate ceremony to be coordinated by the BSP.
Member-banks are encouraged to devise their own awareness drives during the campaign period which started on July 3, 2006 until July 30, 2006.
Please address all inquiries about this program to the RBAP c/o Ms. Janice Reyes (Office of the President) at the following contact numbers:
Telephone : 527-2968 / 69 / 80
Fax : 527-2980
Email : email@example.com
Let us support this laudable program.