STRENGTHENING INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM IN RURAL BANKS
Date: Feb 14-15, 2018 (Wed-Thu)
Venue: Bayanihan Hall, RBAP, Intramuros,
Time: 8:30am to 5:00pm
DR. RUFO MENDOZA, CPA External Auditor –Accredited,
Bank Consultant and Professor
1. For Member – P3,800/per person
2. Non-Member/Delinquent – P4,200 / per person
MODE OF PAYMENT
Check payable to:
Rural Bankers Research & Development Foundation Inc.
Non-Refundable commitment fee of P1,600.00 per participant.
Bank: LBP – Intramuros, Branch
Account Name: RBRDFI
SA No. 0012-1046-26.
Telefax (02) 527-2969 /527-2980
President, Internal Auditor and External Auditors, Branch Managers,
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT REGISTRATION: February 09, 2018.
An effective internal control system helps a bank promote orderly,
economical, efficient, and effective operations. It seeks to safeguard the
bank resources and maintain reliable financial and management data.
1. Explain the nature of internal control and its relationship with risk
and audit and how they drive value for an organization;
2. Discuss the regulatory requirements for internal control system in a
rural bank, including the framework, components, and measures and how they
can be implemented in real banking operations;
3. Illustrate the functions, processes, and procedures in the internal
audit services in a rural bank;
4. Describe the nature of fraud and identify applicable measures to
prevent and detect fraudulent activities; and
5. Assess internal control practices and devise workable solutions for
identified internal control weaknesses
Lecture, Discussions, and Workshop: computations and interactive exercises
• Understanding the Trilogy of Risk, Control and Audit
• Mapping Internal Controls in the International Landscape
• Five Components of Internal Control System
• Significant Provision of BSP Cir. 871, – Internal Control Framework
for Banks in the Phils.
• Minimum Internal Control Measures for Deposit Taking
• Minimum Internal Control Measures for Lending Operations
• Minimum Internal Control Measures for Fiancial Reporting
• Minimum Internal Control Measures for Asset Management
• Internal Audit as a Component of Internal Control System
•Fraud Prevention and Detection
• Evaluating Internal Control System in a Bank