Dear rural bankers,
The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas issued Memorandum No. M-2014-017 on the Enhancements to the Risk-Based Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) Report in Relation to Recently Issued Regulations. Pertinent provisions are as follows:
Pursuant to Circular No. 827 dated 28 February 2014 on the amendment to the Risk-based Capital Adequacy Framework for Stand-Alone Thrift Banks, Rural Banks and Cooperative Banks, the following guidelines on the electronic submission of the updated Risk-Based CAR Report shall be observed:
1. The updated data entry templates (DETs) incorporating the above amendments, and the prescribed Control Proof list (CP) can be accessed at http://www.bsp.gov.ph/ses/reporting_templates or requested from the BSP-Supervisory Data Center.
2. The updated CAR DETs shall be adopted starting with the reporting period quarter-ending 31 March 2014. The deadline for submission is fifteen (15) banking days after end of reference quarter for the Solo report and thirty (30) banking days for the Consolidated report.
3. Consistent with the existing CAR report submission guidelines, the CAR DET and the scanned PDF copy of the CP of said report du;y notarized and signed by the appropriate official shall continue to be submitted electronically to the following prescribed email addresses within the required submission deadline:
For rural and cooperative banks, the email address is: email@example.com
using the following required format for the subject, as follows:
as illustrated in the sample below:
To : firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: CAR Bank Name, 31 March 2014
and using the following prescribed file names:
DET/CP File Name
Simplified Solo Report CAR688-SS.xls
Comprehensive Solo Report CAR688-CS.xls
Comprehensive Conso Report CAR688-CC.xls
CP – Cover Page Coverpage-CAR-ddmmmccyy.pdf
CP – CAR Page CAR-ddmmmccyy.pdf
where ddmmmccyy is the reference period (e.g. 31 March 2014)
4. Banks that are unable to electronically transmit the DET and scanned CP may submit via CD through messengerial or postal services within the prescribed deadline to:
Supervisory Data Center (SDC)
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
11th Floor, Multi-Story Building
BSP Complex, A. Mabini Street,
Malate, Manila 1004
5. Submission that are arithmetically unbalances and/or those not in conformity with the procedures specified in Item 3 including submissions not in the prescribed format shall be considered erroneous reporting subject to existing penalties. Same existing penalties for late and/or erroneous reporting under Sub-Section X192.2 of the Manual of Regulations for Banks for Category A-2 shall continue to apply for the Risk-Based CAR Report.
(Sgd) Nestor A. Espenilla, Jr.
To download a copy of this Memorandum, please click on this link: BSP Memorandum M-2014-017