06 March 2006
FOR : ALL PARTICIPATING RURAL BANKS
FROM : (SGD) GEN. WILLIAM K. HOTCHKISS III (Ret.), President
SUBJECT : CIRCULAR LETTER ON COMPLIANCE OFFICERS’ DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
Dear Fellow Rural Bankers:
The Rural Bankers Association of the Philippines (RBAP), through the Rural Bankers Research and Development Foundation, Inc. (RBRDFI) is pleased to announce that it will conduct the seminar-workshop described below:
Course Title: Compliance Officers’ Development Workshop
Venue: RBAP Conference Room, RBAP Bldg., A. Soriano Ave., cor. Arzobispo St., Intramuros, Manila
Schedule: March 30-31, 2006 (Thursday-Friday), 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Duration: 2 days
Detailed information about this Seminar-Workshop is provided in the attached brochure.
In this connection, we would like to enjoin rural banks, to send their Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors and Bank Officers to attend the above-mentioned Seminar. Please find below the guidelines covering the allowable expenses that each participant is entitled to, as follows:
1. Registration fee of P3,400.00 (Three Thousand Four Hundred Pesos);
2. Actual transportation expenses from the rural bank to the venue and back.
Non-member rural banks will be charged thrice the regular registration fee. To avail of the regular fee, non-member banks are encouraged to apply for membership with RBAP/RBRDFI. Please call RBAP for details.
It is understood that the abovementioned expenses shall be borne by the rural banks concerned.
Should these arrangements meet your approval, we thereby request you to submit to us not later than March 23, 2006 the following:
1. A non-refundable fee of P1,700.00 per participant. Payments could be remitted to the Rural Bankers’ Research and Development Foundation, Inc. bank account (Land Bank of the Philippines – Intramuros Branch Savings Account Number 0012-1046-26). Proof of payment (i.e., deposit slip) should be sent immediately to RBAP via facsimile for verification. Our facsimile number is (02) 527-2980.
2. Nomination form, form attached, of the participant duly endorsed by the bank President/authority
3. Filled-up Participant’s Profile, form attached.
Please be advised that we will be accepting up to thirty (30) participants. Participants will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. We reserve the right to limit the number of participants to a manageable level. Early bird registrants, or those whose full payment is received in full by RBAP on or before 16 March 2006, are entitled to a 5 percent discount. Participants who have paid but fail to show up for the seminar will only be entitled to a 50 percent rebate.
Thank you very much.